UFCW's new contract with Kroger Dallas division made our top news on this week's Top 10 most popular Supermarket News articles. Among other stories:
- Grocery basket size up, store trips down 6 months into pandemic
- U.S. food prices up 4.1% in August, outpacing a 1.3% year-over-year gain in the overall Consumer Price Index (CPI).
- Sam’s Club expands Scan & Go to fuel station
- Walmart ushers in team-based operating model for Supercenters
Two position changes were made in both Ahold Delhaize and SpartanNash. Ahold Delhaize USA’s Paul Scorza retired from Retail Business Services while SpartanNash named former Borden Dairy CEO Tony Sarsam as president and CEO.
And in other news:
- First Amazon Fresh store opens to public
- H-E-B entering the online micro-fulfillment arena through a partnership with Swisslog.
- Farmstead helping national and regional retailers bring online grocery delivery in-house.