In this week’s recap of the Top 10 most popular Supermarket News articles, UFCW unions ratifying Kroger, Albertsons and Stop & Shop pension fund withdrawal ranked as the week’s top story. Among other stories in this week’s gallery:
- Stop & Shop said it would hire 5,000 new workers across the Northeast;
- Walmart said it would pay $388 million in special cash bonuses to frontline workers; and
- A Save A Lot operator joined Wakefern under the Price Rite banner.
In other news, Kroger is planning its tenth Ocado automated warehouse, Hy-Vee is seeking 1,000 more pharmacy techs as COVID-19 vaccines draw near, and Neela Montgomery is taking the reins as the new CVS Pharmacy president.
Other top stories:
- Walmart sweetened the pot for online shoppers as shipping minimums dropped for Walmart+ members;
- Uber completed its purchase of Postmates; and
- Supermarket News looked back at 12 exciting new grocery concepts and redesigns that debuted in 2020.