In this week’s recap of the Top 10 most popular Supermarket News articles, Albertsons CEO Vivek Sankaran said online grocery could potentially reach 20% of sales. Among other stories featured in this week’s gallery:
- Ahold Delhaize USA eyes the ‘connected customer,’ CEO Kevin Holt says
- Traditional supermarkets meet challenge to feed America while under siege from alternative grocers
- NielsenIQ: Out-of-stocks during pandemic lead to billions in missed CPG sales
In other news, Albertsons Cos. has begun rolling out indoor-farmed produce from Bowery Farming to 275 Acme and Safeway stores in the Northeast and Mid-Atlantic.
Publix Super Markets opened COVID-19 vaccine appointments to all people ages 40 and older in Florida, a day after doing so for those ages 18 and older in Georgia.
Other top stories:
- Kroger working with police after deadly King Soopers shooting
- Empire and Canada’s largest CPG trade group join to propose code of best practices
- Douglas Hacker to succeed Dennis Eidson as SpartanNash chairman
- H-E-B expanding presence in Dallas-Ft. Worth area