In this week’s recap of the Top 10 most popular Supermarket News articles, the top story was the Kroger Co. introducing its first Ocado automated online grocery warehouse in Monroe, Ohio, one of 20 planned in the United States with the U.K.-based e-grocery specialist. Among other stories featured in this week’s gallery:
- SpartanNash taps C&S Wholesale’s David Petko as supply chain chief
- USDA ends COVID food box program
- Schnuck Markets to add food hall, apparel boutique in store upgrade
Walmart is working to shift more of its hourly store associates to full-time status. Plans call for two-thirds of Walmart U.S.’ hourly store roles to be full-time by the close of its 2022 fiscal year at the end of January, the Bentonville, Ark.-based retail giant said Wednesday.
Walmart is also slated to test scaled-down La Madeleine French Bakery & Café restaurants inside selected stores in the Dallas-Fort Worth area.
Other top stories:
- Publix now offers COVID-19 vaccinations across its market area
- Amazon warehouse workers in Alabama give thumbs-down to union
- Amazon expands own-brand grocery lineup with Aplenty