Here are the results of last week’s SN News Quiz!
1. Which grocer’s CEO just announced his sudden resignation?
- The Fresh Market
- Save A Lot (yep, that’s it!)
- Market Basket
2. Which retailer just broke ground on what will be one of its largest stores in the Midwest?
- Whole Foods
- Kroger (you got it!)
3. Recent earnings calls for which two retailers may give us a sense of what’s to come for the holidays?
- Amazon, Costco
- Walmart, Target (yes sir!)
- Kroger, Albertsons
Bonus question: A recent report indicates that grocery shoppers continue to be hungry for retail foodservice options, with one out of every four shoppers (25%) replacing restaurant meals with foodservice options — an increase from 17% the previous year.
Do you have robust foodservice retail options within your store/s?
- Yes I have foodservice retail options at my stores (44.4%)
- No I do not have foodservice retail options at my stores (55.6%)
- Other (write in)
Looks like the majority of you do not have robust foodservice retail operations within your stores.
Think you know grocery? Take our most recent 3-question quiz here. Betcha can’t get all three!