The United Fresh Produce Association named its 12th group of produce manager award winners, once again honoring 25 front-line workers for their contributions to the industry.
Selected from hundreds of nominations submitted by retailers and produce suppliers, the award winners were judged on efforts to increase produce consumption through excellence in merchandising, special displays and promotions, community service and commitment to customer satisfaction.
“Produce managers are the face of our industry to the consumer. Their creative merchandising and positive approach to customer service directly correlates to the growth of sales and ultimately consumption of fresh fruits and vegetables,” United Fresh CEO Tom Stenzel said in a press release.
The 25 produce managers will be honored at the United Fresh show in Chicago June 20-22. Five Grand Prize winners will also receive a $1,000 cash prize.
Here is the full list of award winners:
- Amy Allman, Kroger Co., Athens, Ga.
- Tricia Arceneaux, Frank's Supermarkets, Golden Meadow, La.
- Ryan Blancas, Beale AFB Commissary, Marysville, Calif.
- Jeffery Bonacquisti, Market 32/Price Chopper, Pittsfield, Mass.
- James Corcoran, ShopRite, Carteret, N.J.
- Ted Elliott, Tops Friendly Markets, Warsaw, N.Y.
- Mark Garcia, The Common Market, Frederick, Md.
- Michael Giberson, Niemann Foods, Champaign, Ill.
- Dan Hanson, Hy-Vee, Mankato, Minn.
- James Howard, Food City/K-VA-T Food Stores, Pikeville, Ky.
- Denise Kelly, Sobeys, Charlottetown, Prince Edward Island, Canada
- Ken Miller, Save Mart, Placerville, Calif.
- Brice Mollohan, Harris Teeter Supermarkets, Mathews, N.C.
- Jason Norviel, Schnucks Markets, Des Peres, Mo.
- Steve Parker, Raley’s, Reno, Nev.
- Henry Porter, Vashon Thriftway, Vashon, Wash.
- Jennifer Ratkiewicz, Big Y Foods, Springfield, Mass.
- Lely Reyes, Albertsons, McLean, Va.
- Ronnie Showers, Roundy’s, Sun Prairie, Wis.
- Skyler Smith, Marc’s Stores, North Canton, Ohio
- Gary Standing, Loblaws, North Sydney, Nova Scotia, Canada
- Amy Steinke, Coborn's, Ramsey, Minn.
- Lucilo Torres, Northgate Gonzalez Markets, Long Beach, Calif.
- Brett Walker, Brookshire Grocery Co., Pittsburg, Texas
- Keith Zielonka, Food Lion, Morrisville, N.C.
The produce manager awards program is sponsored by Dole.
|Suggested Categories||More from Supermarket News|