WASHINGTON — United Fresh announced the recipients of this year’s Produce Manager of the Year award. The winners were chosen for outstanding performance in the produce department in areas such as community service, customer satisfaction, displays and promotions and merchandising.
“The produce department is one of the most important customer touch points for the fresh produce industry and we are so fortunate to have these outstanding professionals positively representing our industry,” said United Fresh CEO Tom Stenzel in a statement. “Through their creative merchandising and innovative presentations, they are making fresh fruits and vegetables shine in their stores.”
Several of the winners will participate on panel at the United Fresh conference in San Diego, and will be honored at a dinner at the show.
The winners are:
- Ryan Acosta, Raley's Family of Fine Stores, Sacramento, Calif.
- Louis Brock, Quality Food Centers, Seattle
- Manson Camp, Weis Markets, Williamsport, Pa.
- Kevin Cazeaux, Rouses Markets, New Orleans
- Lavern Clark, Brookshire Grocery Company, Alexandria, La.
- Darren Estermann, Food Maxx/Save Mart Supermarkets, Visalia, Calif.
- David Fitts, Harris Teeter Supermarkets, Charlotte
- Jim Fleming, Price Chopper/Golub Corp., Newburgh, N.Y.
- Ken Gaylord, Safeway, Portland, Ore.
- Aaron Geohring, Ray's Food Place, Grants Pass, Ore.
- Donna Goodman, Daniel's Sentry Store, Whitewater, Wis.
- James Gordy, Safeway, Auburn, Calif.
- Doug Groendyke, King’s Food Markets, Gillette, N.J.
- Rick Hogan, Hugo's Family Marketplace, Grand Forks, N.D.
- Deborah Horton, Fort Worth NAS Commissary, Fort Worth, Texas
- Pat Kapelka, Kroger Co., Tiffin, Ohio
- James May, Food City/K-VA-T Food Stores, South Williamson, Ky.
- Maureen McCarthy, Fort Bragg North Commissary, Fort Bragg, N.C.
- Nathan Mineart, Hy-Vee, East Marion, Iowa
- Nicholas Olivieri, Pathmark, Bethpage, N.Y.
- Bill Power, Dominion, St John’s, Newfoundland, Canada
- Brett Reed, Hy-Vee, Windsor Heights, Iowa
- Frankie Thacker, Food City/K-VA-T Food Stores, Rogersville, Tenn.
- Jeffrey Vocatura, Big Y Foods, Stratford, Conn.
- Corey Watkins, Raley's Family of Fine Stores, Elk Grove, Calif.
|Suggested Categories||More from Supermarketnews|