Northeastern grocer Hannaford Supermarkets has wrapped up a series of store remodels in three states.
Scarborough, Maine-based Hannaford said yesterday that it upgraded five locations in Massachusetts, Vermont and New York during the first half of the year. The Ahold Delhaize USA supermarket chain noted that the projects were aimed at boosting the stores’ offering and enhancing the shopping experience.
Two of the five upgraded stores added Hannaford To Go online grocery service. (Photo courtesy of Hannaford)
Changes included an enlarged assortment of fresh, quality grab-and-go meal options and local, organic and gluten-free items plus convenience-focused updates such as expanded pharmacies and the addition of more self-checkout stations, according to Hannaford. Customers at the remodeled stores also will find new Hannaford To Go online grocery pickup and delivery sites.
During the first six months of 2022, Hannaford celebrated a total of five store remodels resulting in enhanced services with a focus on customer convenience, including a greater selection of fresh, quality grab-and-go meal options and local, organic and gluten-free items; expanded pharmacies; additional self-checkout kiosks; and new Hannaford To Go online ordering grocery pickup and delivery locations.
The remodel projects completed included the following:
• The Harbor Village Hannaford store in Townsend, Mass., introduced Hannaford To Go online grocery ordering to its customers in February.
• In Burlington, Vt., the North Avenue Hannaford in the Ethan Allen Shopping Plaza launched Hannaford To Go for its customers and added four new self-checkout kiosks in February.
• Also in Vermont, the Hannaford supermarket at 71 Supermarket Dr. in Brandon now serves up an expanded selection of organic, natural and gluten-free products since its remodel was finished in June.
• The Hannaford location at 1400 Altamont Avenue in Rotterdam, N.Y., welcomed customers to a newly refaced pharmacy and four more self-checkout kiosks in June.
• Also in June, the Leominster Twin City Hannaford at Twin City Plaza in Leominster, Mass., expanded its full-service pharmacy to meet the rising customer demand.
“At Hannaford, we know that the needs and desires of our customers are constantly evolving and that our stores and services should do the same,” Vice President of Retail Operations Todd Bullen said in a statement. “This series of enhancements is focused on introducing features that make shopping our stores an even easier and more enjoyable experience for our customers, while continuing to provide them with the same quality, fresh products that are synonymous with Hannaford.”
Last year, Hannaford opened a new 50,000 square-foot store in Brunswick, Maine. It also upgraded a store in Waterboro, Maine, with more grab-and-go meals such as sandwiches, salads, and heat-and-eat entrees and expanded the dairy, frozen food and grocery sections; opened an All That Java coffee kiosk at a store in Kingston, N.Y.; and remodeled its Belfast, Maine, store with more fresh meal solutions, expanded product variety, the addition of Hannaford To Go curbside pickup and added privacy in the pharmacy department.
Overall, Hannaford operates 184 supermarkets in Maine, New York, Massachusetts, New Hampshire and Vermont. Most locations house full-service pharmacies.