Take a store tour — two tours, in fact — in this gallery that showcases how Albertsons is instituting a next-generation shopping experience in Albertsons and Safeway stores.
- Albertsons reimagines shopping experience at marquee stores
The slideshow features links to the gallery and to the rest of SN’s special report on Albertsons, the Retailer of the Year.
This edition of the Top 10 includes articles on company expansions and store sales, and the opening of two notable offshoots from traditional retail:
- Amazon unveils first Amazon Fresh grocery store in Woodland Hills
- Dollar General, Dollar Tree stay on expansion track
- Southeastern Grocers to sell 23 stores to Alex Lee, B&T Foods
- Whole Foods opens online-only ‘dark store’ in Brooklyn
Two stories involved executive changes:
- Ex-Rite Aid CEO John Standley tapped as Walgreens president
- The Fresh Market tabs Jim Heaney as new CFO
And rounding out the Top 10 content:
- Giant Food expands locally made product menu for delivery
- Southeastern Grocers eyes more effective promotions
- UFCW kicks off new national campaign to restore COVID-19 hazard pay