In this week’s recap of the Top 10 most popular Supermarket News articles, the top story was Raley’s opening of the first store converted to its O-N-E Market format, in El Dorado Hills, Calif. Among other stories featured in this week’s gallery:
- The Fresh Market finishes first on USA Today top 10 supermarkets list
- One killed, two wounded in shooting at Stop & Shop on Long Island
- Grocery stores flat despite March U.S. retail sales rebound
In executive moves, Masiar Tayebi has joined SpartanNash as executive vice president and chief strategy officer, a newly created position, while BJ’s Wholesale Club has tapped Bob Eddy as president and CEO following the sudden death of Lee Delaney on April 8.
Food Lion has bolstered its sustainability strategy with expanded commitments in food transparency and nutrition, waste reduction and climate change initiatives.The Kroger Co. also reported big strides in 2020 for its nearly four-year-old Zero Hunger | Zero Waste initiative, which aims to end hunger in communities it serves and eliminate food waste companywide by 2025.
Other top stories:
- Grocery worker COVID-19 infections, deaths rise: UFCW report
- Ingles Markets steps up COVID-19 vaccination push