In this week’s recap of the Top 10 most popular Supermarket News articles, The SN Top 50 Retailers report ranking food and grocery retailers by sales was ranked as the week’s top story. Among other stories in this week’s gallery
- Top 25 supermarket operators by sales
- Bashas’ expands presence on Navajo Nation with newest Diné Market
- Calabasas City Council greenlights hazard pay for grocery workers
The Kroger Co. is bringing automation from logistics technology provider Knapp to its Great Lakes distribution center in Delaware, Ohio. Kroger said that the DC will use a combination of Knapp order, storage and retrieval (OSR) shuttles that deliver grocery cases in sequence to Knapp’s RunPick robotic palletizers, adding “next generation” efficiency and performance to the grocer’s supply chain network.
Also, as part of the discount grocery chain’s ongoing modernization efforts, St. Louis-based Save A Lot plans to accelerate investment in redesigning its stores, targeting one-third of its 1,000 stores for remodels this year.
Other top stories:
- Fresh Thyme Market seeks out hyperlocal products for its upcoming concept store
- 3 ways grocers can unlock new value in a digitally driven world
- Top 50 retailers by store count