In this week’s recap of the Top 10 most popular Supermarket News articles, Walmart rolling out Ghost Kitchen Brands' multi-concept foodservice offering was ranked as the week’s most-read story. Among other stories featured in this week’s gallery:
- Albertsons, Google eye easier grocery shopping in major partnership
- H Mart plans micro-fulfillment center to fuel online grocery
- Kroger to ‘lead with fresh, accelerate with digital’ in 2021
In other news, more retailers are using case signage that spotlights sustainable seafood along with the origin of products.
In downtown Des Moines, Hy-Vee plans to hold its largest community clinic to date for COVID-19 vaccinations. Giant Food also has expanded COVID-19 vaccinations to all 152 of its in-store pharmacies in its Mid-Atlantic market.
Other top stories:
- Walmart takes aim at COVID in underserved, vulnerable communities
- Kroger pilots lottery game sales at checkout
- Pandemic investments cost U.S. food retailers $24 billion, FMI study finds.