In this week’s recap of the Top 10 most popular Supermarket News articles, Southeastern Grocers unveiling new Winn-Dixies in Florida ranked as the week’s top story. Among other stories in this week’s gallery:
- Giant Eagle introduced myPerks, bringing its loyalty program to a new level;
- Kroger Houston and UFCW 455 sparred over pay and health benefits; and
- Food Lion took a step forward in its purchase of Bi-Lo and Harveys supermarkets.
In other news, UNFI reached labor accords with Teamsters in New York and California, President-elect Joe Biden laid out his Main Street recovery plan for small businesses and Loblaw saw food retail sales soften in the third quarter.
Other top stories:
- Amazon launched its Key In-Garage Grocery Delivery service;
- Sales growth was moderate at SpartanNash in Q3; and
- Grocery Outlet fueled expansion as its third-quarter sales climbed.