Bo and Trish Sharon will operate seven locations in five states as Lucky's Market also fields bids for stores from Aldi and Publix.
Reports about retailers' Super Bowl ads were also popular Supermarket News content leading up to Sunday's big game. Walmart’s first-ever Super Bowl commercial pitched the chain's pickup program and starred "Famous Visitors" — see the article for the long version of the ad that aired Sunday. Also, H-E-B made a big play with its Super Bowl TV ad starring Eva Longoria that highlighted the My H-E-B app and a lifetime grocery giveaway.
Other recent popular SN headlines:
- More Dollar Fresh locations coming from Hy-Vee
- Amazon’s next grocery moves will be data-driven
- Grocery Outlet expects robust fiscal 2019 sales growth
- Coborn’s reaps benefits from central-fill pharmacy operation
- SpartanNash hires David Sisk to head military distribution
- Meijer goes chainwide with Flashfood, an app for buying near-expired food to reduce food waste