Two of the biggest stores recently involve struggling restaurant companies: Lucky’s Market is reportedly closing most of its stores, as Kroger Co. recently pulled its equity stake in the specialty grocery chain. And Fairway Market files for Chapter 11 bankruptcy and plans to sell all stores, as ShopRite operator Village Super Market plans to buy up to five of Fairway's New York City locations.
Supermarket News also reported on several executive changes: New chief operating officers to take reins at Walmart U.S. and Sam’s Club; Hy-Vee announces several moves, including Jay Marshall's promotion to vice chairman; and Albertsons names Alice Chan for its Own Brands team.
And other recent popular Supermarket News content:
- SpartanNash rolls out the Nutrition Pathways shelf-tag system.
- Kroger to build a Ocado warehouse in Maryland.
- Instacart pilots online meal ordering/delivery with Publix Super Markets.
- Food and agriculture groups hail USMCA passage by the U.S. Senate.
- The Fresh Market goes live with a new online store.