Despite food distributor United Natural Foods Inc.’s challenges before and since acquiring Supervalu, CEO Steve Spinner explains how UNFI made the right decision.
In other popular Supermarket News online content:
- Weis Markets steps up self-checkout with a partnership with Toshiba.
- Publix names Norman Badger as bakery/meat business vice president.
- The Wall Street Journal reports that Albertsons is considering going public on the heels of improved performance and lowered debt.
- Stop & Shop plans to convert power at 40 stores to clean energy microgrids, resulting in reliable electricity while cutting carbon emissions.
- CEOs of BJ’s Wholesale Club, Microsoft and Walmart U.S. open National Retail Federation's Big Show.
- Frictionless retail in the form of a "Lunchbox" cashier less store can help Ahold Delhaize USA go where it hasn’t gone before.
- Lowes Foods collaboration with Radius Networks’ FlyBuy service.
- SpartanNash supermarkets get in sync with curbside pickup via an integrated click-and-collect platform assisted by GPS technology.
- Instacart sees 2020 as "the year of grocery pickup" as the enhanced Instacart Pickup service is now live at 1,500 supermarkets in 30 states.