Sponsored by Datasembly
The need for real-time, hyper-local data existed before the emergence of Covid-19. However, the 2020 pandemic increased volatility and competition in the market, especially amplifying changes in where, how, and what consumers are buying. Retailers and CPGs have reacted with faster than ever product pricing, promotion, and assortment changes, needing to make these changes at even a hyperlocal/granular level .
Experts predict that price will continue to be as or even more important than it was pre-Covid 19’s consumer changes. This price volatility leaves grocers searching for the most effective means to acquire and respond to accurate competitive intelligence, increase market share, and better manage shoppers’ value perception of their stores.
The key to obtaining a competitive advantage, and acquiring the data needed to make decisions quicker and more efficiently, is access to real-time data. The adage that the grocers’ future will be shaped by data, has come to fruition. The future is here, the time is now, and the data is available.
The most valued product data is hyper-local, highly dynamic, and notoriously difficult to collect, especially at a massive scale… unless you have Datasembly’s proprietary technology. Datasembly’s data collection system was built from the ground up and collects billions of product observations a day. Datasembly is the world-leading data streamer in this domain. While unknown to some, Datasembly’s proprietary technology platform has empowered top North American grocers to make decisions about prices, promotions, and assortment in real-time; Datasembly gives them the competitive edge and insight needed; especially during one the most challenging times in history.
Using Datasembly’s accurate, real-time, hyper-local data, clients have been able to:
- Monitor competitive intelligence on KVIs: Key/Known Value Item intelligence is collected daily and obtained faster. Grocers have been able to gain insight, from a general geography to a specific store-level, and react to competitive pricing, in the present. This insight can be as specific as individual items at stores on the same street or as broad as national averages. Datasembly’s data can even be specified based on a specific KVI in the region, zip code, or state.
- Improve Pricing and Promotions Strategies: Datasembly’s real-time, store-level data tracks local and regional trends. Clients are able to view pricing and promotional changes in real-time. This also includes insights about private label pricing changes and visibility of key value items.
National and regional averages are not reflective of local pricing and promotions. Even small deviations in price can be the difference between competitive pricing and creating a negative value perception among local shoppers.
- Improve Strategy and execution of seasonal items and product launches: Customers of Datasembly’s platform have the insight and ability to share competitive data, examine competitive pricing and track product launches in real-time. The ability to monitor competitive products in real-time, enables clients to better respond to changes as they occur, rather than wait up to a month for intel.
- Enhance store assortment: Whether your interest is in what’s happening across the nation or next door, with Datasembly, grocers have access to store-level assortment information. The ability to determine if and/or when a local or regional competitor offers a comparable assortment enables retailers to price products appropriately.
The Datasembly platform collects massive amounts of information, and transforms it into a usable, powerful solution for CPGs, brands and retailers. The Datasembly technology is:
- Accessible: Data is translated into customized pricing and availability data feeds, based on a grocer’s specific information needs. This data is organized and provided via tools, dashboards, alerts, and visualizations that address real-world problems.
- Shareable: Data is collected from publicly available sources, giving customers the ability to share with unprecedented transparency.
- Comprehensive: The Datasembly platform collects even the most disparate data, including specials, BOGOs and loyalty promotions from a rapidly growing variety of retailers and platforms.
The time to utilize real-time data to make real-life business decisions is now, and Datasembly is the solution providing unparalleled real-time data from every store, online and brick & mortar