Meijer is opening a new store in Fairfax, Ohio — the Fairfax Market.
The 40,000-square-foot store, which opens Jan. 16, is part of a mixed-use neighborhood revitalization project being developed in partnership with the City of Cleveland, Cleveland Clinic, the Fairfax Renaissance Development Corporation and Fairmount Properties.
The store will carry more than 2,000 local products, including Cleveland Cold Brew Coffee, Micah's Supreme Sauce, PUR Spices, Akron Honey, Lemon Waves and beauty care products from Catlin Naturals. Additionally, the market will feature:
- A floral and gift shop, featuring PaperCutz Vintage greeting cards and posters with paper flowers from Love, Anji
- An assortment of local beers and wines
- Health and beauty care products from local and black, women-owned businesses from the Fairfax neighborhood and Cleveland
- A 104-foot international section, featuring products from around the globe alongside vendors from Cleveland
- A 54-seat cafe space, featuring coffee and sandwiches from Saucy Coffee and sushi from Hissho Sushi
The store will have around 50 employees who will have access to health and free education benefits and a 401(k) program with a company match.
Fairfax Market is the retailer's first small-format neighborhood market outside of Michigan.