- Headquarters: USA
- Top Executive: H. Lee Scott Jr., president, CEO
- Corporate Stores (global): 7,262
- Sales in $ Billions (USD): 374.526
- Countries of Operations: Argentina, Brazil, Canada, China, Costa Rica, El Salvador, Guatemala, Honduras, India, Japan, Mexico, Nicaragua, Puerto Rico, United Kingdom, USA
Data: North America
- Location: Bentonville, Ark.
- Corporate Stores: 3,153
- Sales in $ Billions: 240.8 est.
- Date FY Ends: 1/31/08
- Website: www.walmart.com
Volume total represents combined sales of Wal-Mart Supercenters, Sam’s Clubs and Neighborhood Markets in the U.S. and Canada. Wal-Mart operates 2,419 supercenters in the U.S. and 14 in Canada, accounting for approximately $191.5 billion (80% of the North America total; 586 Sam’s Clubs in the U.S. and six in Canada, accounting for approximately $44.5 billion (18%); and 128 Neighborhood Markets in the U.S., accounting for approximately $4.8 billion (2%). Supercenters, clubs and Neighborhood Markets account for approximately 64% of Wal-Mart’s 2007 annual sales, which are estimated to be $374 billion; included in that number is approximately $43.2 billion from 1,261 discount stores (988 in the U.S. and 273 in Canada) and approximately $90 billion from 2,510 stores outside North America.