The election took place during the semi-annual RILA board of directors meeting Sunday in Naples, Fla. RILA, which represents large retailers, suppliers and service providers, is based in Arlington, Va.
“I am honored to have the opportunity to serve as board chairman for RILA and to work with this exceptional group of retail leaders to strengthen our industry,” said Dreiling. “RILA is a critical strategic partner in empowering our industry to speak with one voice to champion issues that affect the retail sector, our workforce and our valued customers.”
Dreiling succeeds Gregg Steinhafel, chairman, president and CEO officer of Target Corp. Steinhafel, who was elected to a two-year term as chairman in 2012, will remain a member of the executive committee, assuming the role of immediate past chair.
In addition to Dreiling and Steinhafel, RILA’s other 2014 executive committee members are:
• Gregory Wasson, president and CEO, Walgreen Co. (vice chairman).
• Eric Wiseman, chairman, president and CEO, VF Corp. (treasurer).
• Robert Niblock, chairman and CEO, Lowe’s Cos. (secretary).
• William Rhodes, chairman, president and CEO, AutoZone (at-large).
• Hubert Joly, president and CEO, Best Buy (at-large).
In addition, Ken Hicks, chairman, president and CEO of Foot Locker, was elected to the board. Walter Robb, co-CEO of Whole Foods Market, and Alan Hoskins, president and CEO of Energizer Household Products, were each re-elected to two-year terms.
|Suggested Categories||More from Supermarketnews|