The award recognizes excellence in marketing by independent retailers served by the company’s wholesale distribution business, Northern Region. Awards were presented in 20 categories at a ceremony during the annual Supervalu Storewide Merchandising Expo last week.
Lunds also was a winner in the public service/community and the website/social media categories for stores larger than 30,000 square feet.
Lund Food Holdings includes 22 Lunds and Byerly’s supermarkets throughout Minnesota.
“The Master Marketer competition showcases the best in advertising, community relations and other marketing efforts by independent grocery retailers each year,” said Mike Stigers, president, Supervalu Northern Region. “We were thrilled and impressed with the quality and creativity demonstrated by the more than 300 nominations we received for this year’s awards.”
The full list of winners, categorized based on store size, are as follows:
Stores 30,000 square feet and smaller:
• Center Store Department – Jubilee Foods, Mound, Minn.; Bob Boese and Scott Logelin, store owners
• Extra Effort Advertising – Dick’s Fresh Market, Osceola, Wis.; Doug Rinehart, store owner
• Fresh Department – Krause’s Market, Hazen, N.D.; D. and Kari Krause, store owners
• Grand Opening/Anniversary – Gordy’s Market, Chetek, Wis.; Gordy’s Inc.
• Industry Promotion – Blanton’s IGA, Packwood, Wash.; Hal Blanton, store owner
• Private Brands – Geyer’s Fresh Foods, Mansfield, Ohio; Rick Geyer, store owner
• Public Service/Community – Coborn’s, Buffalo, Minn.; Coborn’s Inc.
• Radio Spots – Bailey’s IGA, Rochester, Wash.; Tammy and Brian Bailey, store owners
• TV Commercials – Tatsuda’s IGA, Ketchikan, Alaska; Bill Tatsuda, store owner
• Website/Social Media – Wyatt’s Supervalu, Falmouth, Ky.; Dixie Owen, store owner
Stores larger than 30,000 square feet:
• Center Store Department – Pete’s County Market, Alexandria, Minn.; Neil Peterson, store owner
• Extra Effort Advertising – Cub Foods Lake Street, Minneapolis, Minn.; Jerry’s Enterprises
• Fresh Department – The Markets, Bellingham, Wash.; The Markets LLC
• Grand Opening/Anniversary – Jungle Jim’s, Cincinnati, Ohio; Jim Bonominio, store owner
• Industry Promotion – Coborn’s Pine Cone Road, Sartell, Minn.; Coborn’s Inc.
• Private Brands – County Market, Hudson, Wis.; Jerry’s Enterprises
• Public Service/Community – Lunds/Byerly’s, Edina, Minn.; Lund Food Holdings Inc.
• Radio Spots – Dissmore’s IGA, Pullman, Wash.; Archie McGregor III and Brian McGregor, store owners
• TV Commercials – Gordy’s County Market, Eau Claire, Wis.; Gordy’s Inc.
• Website/Social Media – Lunds/Byerly’s, Edina, Minn.; Lund Food Holdings Inc.
|Suggested Categories||More from Supermarketnews|