In this week’s recap of the Top 10 most popular Supermarket News articles, Instacart giving ‘thank you’ bonuses of up to $500 to its shoppers ranked as the week’s top story. Amid unprecedented demand for online grocery, the delivery giant showed appreciation for workers. Among other stories in this week’s gallery:
- FMI, NGA applaud Supreme Court decision on PBMs
- Costco net sales up nearly 17% in first fiscal quarter; and
- UNFI ramps up business with new, existing customers in Q1.
In other news, Stater Bros. restarted hourly wage bonus for fifth time, Kroger broke into the top 10 U.S. e-commerce companies, Food Lion upgraded more than 10% of store base.
Other top stories:
- PCC Community Markets names Suzanne Monford president and CEO;
- Village Super Market sees 20% sales gain in fiscal first quarter; and
- Online grocery sales continue growth, hitting $8 billion again in November.
See this week’s trending stories on Supermarket News.