In this week’s recap of the Top 10 most popular Supermarket News articles, Top 50 food and grocery retailers by sales ranked as the week’s top story. Supermarket News and IGD rank the leading companies in the grocery, mass, club, dollar, convenience and drug channels. Among other stories in this week’s gallery:
- Wakefern announces spate of promotions, retirement;
- Amazon to snare over 20% CPG share during Prime Day; and
- Peapod Digital Labs unveils private-brand incubator.
In other news, The Supermarket News Top 50 Retailers: From year of growth to year of uncertainty, Top 50 food and grocery retailers by store count, Bashas’ readies 90-day, 90th anniversary celebration.
Other top stories:
- Canada goes front-of-package with new nutrition label
- The Giant Company hires Ted Williams to lead nonfoods; and
- Top 25 supermarkets by sales.
Count down in the gallery.