In this week’s recap of the Top 10 most popular Supermarket News articles, The United Food and Commercial Workers International (UFCW) and ShopRite’s deal on COVID-19 hazard pay ranked as the week’s top story. Nearly 50,000 grocery workers to receive retroactive $1 hourly premium pay under this deal.
Among other stories in this week’s gallery:
- Albertsons debuts flash-frozen skillet meals;
- Costco to pay stockholders $10-per-share special dividend; and
- Albertsons rolls out contactless temperature and health check solution.
In other news, UCFW members in Virginia voted to ratify a new wage agreement with Kroger, Walmart reveals plan to “light up” the holidays with the Walmart Holiday Drone Light Show, Saladworks, the fast-casual restaurant chain, made its Kroger debut in Cincinnati.
Other top stories:
- Filling the needs of shoppers on a mission to save the world;
- Online grocery shopping is still a mainstay for COVID-concerned shoppers; and
- What will 2021 bring for natural retailers?