In this week’s recap of the Top 10 most popular Supermarket News articles, Aldi, Instacart expand SNAP online EBT to over 1,500 stores ranked as the week’s top story.
“Aldi is proud to be the first grocery retailer to accept EBT SNAP benefits as a form of payment online via Instacart for grocery delivery and curbside pickup,” Scott Patton, vice president of national customer interaction services for Aldi U.S., said in a statement.
Among other stories in this week’s gallery:
- Sen. Bernie Sanders, UFCW locals urge Kroger to restart hazard pay;
- Stockpiling returns as more grocery shoppers go omnichannel; and
- Curbside pickup powered by MFCs driving growth in grocery e-commerce.
In other news, Instacart giving ‘thank you’ bonuses of up to $500 to its shoppers, Southeastern Grocers finishes 2020 with upgraded store base, Kroger names top 10 trending foods of 2020, offers predictions for 2021.
Other top stories:
- Supermarket pharmacies set for delivery of COVID-19 vaccine, said FMI;
- Pierre Boivin tapped as new Metro chairman; and
- Sprouts to spotlight emerging functional beverage brands.
See this week’s top 10 stories.