In this week’s recap of the Top 10 most popular Supermarket News articles, Hannaford enhances shopping experience in round of store upgrades ranked as the week’s top story. Changes included an enlarged assortment of fresh, quality grab-and-go meal options and local, organic and gluten-free items plus convenience-focused updates such as expanded pharmacies and the addition of more self-checkout stations, according to Hannaford. Among other stories in this week’s gallery:
- Hy-Vee’s Randy Edeker to hand CEO reins to Aaron Wiese;
- Price inflation climbs in bakery category; and
- Trader Joe’s store becomes company's first to form union.
In other news, Stater Bros. rolls out new POS solution to all stores, Dollar General eyes bigger presence in health care, Albertsons net sales climb nearly 10% in Q1.
Other top stories:
- Amazon Fresh sets foot in metro New York with latest stores;
- Allegiance Retail Services promotes trio of grocery industry veterans; and
- Kroger automated e-grocery warehouses get under way in Dallas, Detroit.
Count down in the gallery.