In this week’s recap of the Top 10 most popular Supermarket News articles, the top story was Thoughts on the Kroger, Albertsons merger (Part 1). A three-part op-ed examining the good and bad of the potential Kroger, Albertsons merger.
Among top stories:
- Salad bars will be smarter in some Schnuck Markets locations
- The Fresh Market’s livestreaming continues to strengthen
- 5 Things: Top News of the Week
- Frozen strawberries recalled from Costco, Trader Joe’s, Aldi, others
In other news, The only retailer who passed the tuna report? It's Aldi.Aldi scored a D rating (62%) while Ahold Delhaize (55%), Whole Foods Market (50%), Hy-Vee (50%), Target (48%), Walmart (44%), Sprouts (40%), Albertsons (36%), Giant Eagle (31%), Kroger (27%), Costco (27%), H-E-B (24%), Publix (19%), Wegmans (17%), and Meijer (16%) all failed.
Other top stories:
- Yes, some 26% of Americans may raise chickens to save money on eggs
- Sustainability-marketed products continue to grow in the face of high inflation
- Court turns tables on Rite Aid, CVS in controlled substance case
- Study shows retailers revving up for technology boom