The following are the most influential executives at conventional supermarkets, food wholesalers and cooperatives and other retailers selling food on SN's Power 50 list. SN's editorial staff selects the individuals on the Power 50 list based on a variety of factors, but primarily consider the influence the individuals have over the food industry as a whole. They are grouped into categories based on the type of company or institution they represent and ranked within each of these categories. SN is rolling out the complete list over the week of July 16. The Top 10 of the Power 50 are available here.
11. Charles C. Butt, H.E. Butt Grocery Co.
12. Laura Shapira Karet, Giant Eagle
13. Randy Edeker, Hy-Vee
14. Fred Morganthall, Harris Teeter
15. Randall Onstead, Bi-Lo/Winn-Dixie
16. Joseph Colalillo, Wakefern Food Corp.
17. Rick Cohen, C&S Wholesale Grocery
18. Jerry Garland, Associated Wolesale Grocers
19. Al Plamann, Unified Grocers
20. Steven L. Spinner, United Natural Foods Inc.
Other Retailers Selling Food
21. Charles Youngstrom, Aldi
22. Gregg Steinhafel, Target Corp.
23. Dan Bane, Trader Joe's
24. Hank Meijer, Meijer Inc.
25. Shon Boney, Sprouts Farmers Market
26. Rick Dreiling, Dollar General Corp.