In this week’s recap of the Top 10 most popular Supermarket News articles, the USDA’s expansion of SNAP online purchasing to more retailers ranked as the week’s top story. Among other stories in this week’s gallery, many brands reported third-quarter earnings:
- Publix said the pandemic’s impact fueled an 18% sales gain;
- Sales at Ahold Delhaize USA were up by double digits; and
- Weis Markets notched 14% sales gains.
In other news, a look at how Aldi stays true to its mission through its robust private brands and everyday low pricing, Walmart Canada stpped up its omnichannel investment and Trader Joe’s gave an update on COVID-19 among store associates.
Other top stories:
- Save Mart said it will pilot a guest-chef program at its flagship store;
- CVS Health named Karen Lynch as its next CEO; and
- A Q&A with Krasdale Foods’ Steve Silver, who says COVID-19 supply hurdles remain.