Instacart president Nilam Ganenthiran says research shows "tides turn" when Instacart enters a market.
In other popular Supermarket News content, e-commerce helped drive Ahold Delhaize to a strong fiscal-year finish. But on the flip side, Ahold Delhaize USA’s Peapod Midwest division announced it would shut down.
Elsewhere, Earth Fare enlists firms to market its stores and intellectual property as the chain prepares to go out of business.
In more uplifting news, IGA’s president John Ross is bullish on the future of independent retail — he explains why, as well as the challenges indies face in an SN Off the Shelf podcast.
Other Top 10 news offered a wide range of news topics. The headlines:
- Sobeys parent Empire partners with CPG brand incubator
- Walmart’s beef strategy not apt to drive near-term changes
- Kroger, Hy-Vee and other supermarket pharmacies extend health care reach
- Stop & Shop offers free reusable bags in N.Y. as single-use plastic bag ban nears
- Kroger gives CPG advertisers more sales visibility