ARLINGTON, Va. — Food Marketing Institute has unveiled the finalists for this year’s Store Manager Awards.
FMI will select four grand prize winners among the 10 finalists on Tuesday, April 30, during the Future Connect leadership conference at the Peabody in Orlando, Fla.
The Store Manager Award finalists developed programs that achieved positive growth and customer satisfaction in their stores during the past year. The finalists are recognized for:
• Leading, mentoring and motivating other workers.
• Demonstrating a balance between people skills and operational skills.
• Communicating company goals and store milestones to employees.
• Executing innovative in-store programs and/or special events that improve overall customer service and community.
• Improving the financial performance of the store.
One grand prize winner will be chosen from each of the four categories:
Category A (1-49 stores):
• Kaitlyn Lester, general manager at Lunds in Bloominton, Minn.
• Maggie McLaughlin, store manager at Roche Bros. in Wellesley, Mass.
• Mondella Stacey, store manager at Colemans Food Centre in Stephenville, Newfoudland, Canada.
Category B (50-199 stores):
• Joey Aiken, store director at Brookshire Grocery Company in Greenville, Texas.
• Arlie Watson, Jr., store manager at Food City in Gatlinburg, Tenn.
• Fernando Noriega, general manager at United Supermarkets in Amarillo, Texas.
Category C (200 or more stores):
• Lucy Wienshienk, store manager at Fry’s Food Stores, a division of the Kroger Co., in Phoenix.
• Kevin Sherlock, store director at Iowa City Hy-Vee in Iowa City.
• Greg Giles, store manager at Bi-Lo in Maudlin, S.C.
Category D (International retailers – companies operating outside North America):
• Jun Oshima, store manager of Yaoko in Saitama, Japan.
FMI selected finalists based on stories submitted from their supervisors or store employees. FMI judged the entries on originality and creativity as well as the person’s impact on sales growth, customer satisfaction and community service.
Each finalist will receive two complimentary registrations for Future Connect and three nights of hotel accommodations in Orlando. The four grand prize winners will each receive a $1,000 prize and a crystal award.
|Suggested Categories||More from Supermarketnews|